Complaints and Compliments
If you are unhappy with anything in school, please do not hesitate to come and speak to us about your concerns.
It is always better to let us know about any worries or concerns you may have as soon as possible. We would very much appreciate your help to improve our school, and we will always endeavour to accommodate your wishes, as long as it is in the best interests of the whole school.
If your concern is about the immediate safety or welfare of a child, please follow our safeguarding policy which can be found on the safeguarding page by clicking HERE.
An appointment can be made to see someone in school who can help you with your concern. Bonnie Lever is our complaints coordinator and is the best person to talk to initially as she can advise you who would be the best person to speak to resolve your concern. However, examples could be:
- Concerns or complaints around behaviour or an incident in school – the class teacher or an Assistant Headteacher (Mrs Lucy Waddington or Mr Nick Ryan)
- Concerns or complaints about a member of staff – the Headteacher (Mrs Zandra Wilkinson) or Deputy Head (Mrs Claire Walker)
- Concerns or complaints about safeguarding – the Headteacher (Mrs Zandra Wilkinson) or Deputy Head (Mrs Claire Walker)
- Concerns or complaints about SEND – The Inclusion Lead (Mrs Claire Walker) or the SENCO (Mrs Julie Holmes)
- Concerns or complaints about the Headteacher should be addressed to the Chair of Governors, Ms Sharon Hughes.
You could also send a general concern or complaint to the school email
The full complaints policy can be found on our policies page. A paper copy is available from the school office on request.
We are always glad to receive any compliments from parents or other members of the public about anything in our school. Please contact school as above. Any compliments about particular staff or children are always passed on, and are always greatly appreciated.